Our 45th Reunion held on July 21-23, 2000 is now history.
We feel it safe to report that it was a successful reunion - where old friendships were renewed and old acquaintances became friends.
We exchanged old war stores, relived old misadventures, and shared some of the more painful experiences of our growing up years.
Carolyn told the story of the girl in the innertube - but we were left in the dark about Win, Willa Dean, Carol and Bob!
We added new memories to be retold at the next reunion - and pondered the whereabouts of our missing ones.
When it was over we hugged each other and laughingly promised to meet again in five years - but always in the back of our minds we shared the common knowledge that for many this might be the last reunion - and that this may be the last time we might see each other.
But faith and hope spring eternal - we will have another reunion in 2005 - and maybe try to get together with some of the other classes for that one.
We did give awards for contributions:
- BILL CLEM - Good Traveler Award For coming the longest distance from Roxburg, Oregon.
- GEORGE McKINNIS - The Coveted Patty Award For his unforgettable contribution.
- JIM SCHWEIZERHOFF - Blah Award for his most forgettable contribution.
- WILLA DEAN ABBOTT DICKIE - Jr Olympics Award For being the First to Name Any of our Grade School's Mascot and Colors.
- SHIRLEY NORTHCUTT BLAND - Get a Life Award for all of her help in filling our Message Board with reminders of our age, and memorabilia.
- CAROLYN PINKSTON McGUIRE - Yea Girl Award for her many memories, comments and contributions - and because she wanted an award! - and most especially because she put up with editorial comments!
- DON NELSON and VERNIE ZIEGLER each received the Thumbs Down Award for failed memories and misinformation.
Special Thanks to these folks for gracefully accepting the awards without giving long acceptance speeches; - for being good sports, and especially for not shooting anybody for giving the awards!
Thanks again to FRANK NEWTON and PATSY DOYEL NEWTON for their contribution to the Reunion Fund - but, we'd rather have had them here. Will be expecting them at the next one.
Special Thanks to JACK WARNER for his Invocation at the banquet - and for his reminding the Lord of our website address!
Special Thanks to Every One of our classmates who wrote in with their bios and memories - and to each one who attended.
It is being a part of us that makes reunions so much fun.
We will keep this website open for reliving memories - posting information - new addresses - new E-Mails - location of lost souls - and, heaven forbid, the parting of any of our classmates.
There will not, however, be any wisecracks from the Editor - to which the congregation replied, Amen!